One of Hullabaloo's FAVORITE traditions.
By Sarah 12/10/21
What does the holiday season mean to you? To me, it means drives to see lights, playing in the snow, gatherings with family, celebrating with friends, the smell of hot cocoa, building gingerbread houses and so much more. One of my favorite holiday traditions is reading a Christmas book in our Christmas Eve pajamas! Every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember, we would get to open two presents: one that we picked out from under the tree and a pair of brand new pajamas. After we were all dressed in our new pajamas, we would always read a Christmas book. A family favorite was the Polar Express, especially since there was a little girl named Sarah in it. I still have my childhood copy of the Polar Express to this day, scribbles and all!
My mom continued the tradition of Christmas Eve pajamas every year even into my adulthood and I knew I wanted to recreate these cherished family memories in my home in some way! We decided to have our littles open up new Christmas Eve pajamas to wear that night. The kiddos open up one new holiday book all together and we read the new book right before bedtime. For the past 9 Christmas seasons I’ve enjoyed the hunt for our new Christmas Eve pajamas!
Working with Hullabaloo I have been exposed to so many MAGICAL holiday books. Diving into the Hullabaloo Crew’s collection of books gave me lots of inspiration for holiday pajamas so I thought I’d take the guesswork out of your search and put together my favorites here. These are some of my favorite go-to brands as well as some new-to-me finds paired with some of THE BEST holiday books Hullabaloo has to offer! Most of these pajamas have the option to create matching family looks so everyone can join in on the fun! (HEADS UP: We've kept our Day 10 deal open so you can save 35% on all holiday books! Use code LORDSALEAPING.)
1. Get into the spirit with How Winston Delivered Christmas in these sweet poinsettia pajamas on sale!
2. Bake up some tasty treats with the great book Baking Class in these tasty cookie jams.
3. Read the story of The Little Fir Tree in these cozy and colorful fir tree jammies.
4. Tell the story of how Dasher became one of Santa's reindeer in these sweet fairisle reindeer PJs.
5. Pick a Pine Tree celebrates decorating the Christmas tree and you can do double the decorating in this precious Christmas tree set.
6. Stay cozy while reading the snowy story of Oskar and the Eight Blessings in these sweet snowflake pajamas.
7. The Tree That Was Meant to Be is the darling story of a lonely tree decorated by his animal friends. Decorate your kids with these cute glow-in-the-dark jams.
8. The true story of neighbors coming together to fight antisemitism in the new book Red and Green and Blue and White is so inspiring and we love these coordinating plaid PJs to go with it.
9. Embrace the cold with the big and beautiful Walking in a Winter Wonderland but stay warm in these cute star and snowflake jams.
10. Pair the classic Night Before Christmas (on deep discount right now!) with these sweet and classic plaid PJs.
11. We love the magical story The Reindeer Express paired with these precious antler jammies from our friends at (ladies-owned, small business) Lila & Hayes.
12. The Little Reindeer (on sale for only $10!) is a story about a magical night told in chic black and white like these stylish black and white pajamas.
You can also think outside the holiday pajama box! This year, I decided to create a rainbow with each member of my little family wearing a solid color pajama. I was inspired by the colorful cover of A Year Full of Celebrations by Claire Grace. For me, a rainbow signifies hope. The book’s message of communities coming together is a beautiful way to celebrate the end of the year with the hope and wonder of what’s to come.